vLA82 ZX Spectrum 16/48K ULA replacement
The vLA82 is a modern plugin replacement for the Spectrum 48K ULA (type 6C001E-7 or earlier).
These are new ULA replacements created and manufactured by Charlie Ingley. He sells these direct, but due to being located in New Zealand, postage and import costs to the EU/UK mean costs increase substantially. We are pleased to have worked with Charlie in order to be able to resell these at a reduced total cost for you compared with having to buy direct.
vLA82 Features include:
- Plugin ULA replacement. In most cases the existing socket will be OK but there are some which only support very small pins (please see the install guide for more information). A suitable socket is also available as an option to purchase if needed.
- A low profile and 40 pin DIL footprint means that the vLA82 is designed to fit in a ‘rubber key’ ZX Spectrum case without further modifications.
- Provides the same functionality as the 6C001-7 Sinclair ULA.
- Passes standard ULA benchmark tests.
- Tested with an extensive suite of ZX Spectrum software.
- Compatible with lower ram replacement modules.
- Ideal for installing in an aftermarket Spectrum PCB without needing an original ULA.
- Low power consumption.
For full details please see Charlie's site here: vdrivezx.com/vla82/
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 18 September, 2019.